What's in the box!

And those 24 owners are either (1) well-to-do people who heard they were the best or (2) hardcore moderate income hobbyists who were very committed in choosing to buy. Neither group would be inclined to sell quickly or for a big loss.

11 Likes

The owners’ hype is very VERY serious, though. :wink:

6 Likes

The damage to the shipping box looks pretty bad. Glad it arrived safely. Enjoy. I’m in the queue for one, as well. Looking forward to it.

5 Likes

Agree. Fortunately the way it’s packed all of it was cosmetic damage to the box. The items inside are much lower in the box and were safely covered.

4 Likes

Check inside the amp to make sure none of the connections were loosened by the impact.

1 Like

20 Likes

What on earth is that!? It looks so cool! :slight_smile:

1 Like

:wink: :+1:
http://www.abbasaudio.com/en/

4 Likes

I’m curious about the Abbas DACs, but there seems to be so many versions I can’t figure out which would be the right one to try. Looks neat though :slight_smile:

Merry Christmas to me again…Ekion

26 Likes

New model release from ZMF?

nope just spelled wrong Eikon (camphor wood)

3 Likes

I’ve been happily and predominantly streaming my music for a lot of years now. But, when I go through the garage I kept hearing the boxes of CDs calling “play me” in a redrum kinda voice. Fearing what can happen in the deep winter in Colorado I have been proactive and added a Cambridge CXC CD transport.
I’m enjoying playing with physical media again and holding liner notes. It’s outputting to my Burson Conducter 3XP and Musician Draco simultaneously via coax & toslink. It sounds great. But, I can hear no difference whatsoever from the same streamed music. But that was never the intention. And, I’m now really trying to stay away from the boxes of vinyl…

10 Likes

Thanks for the link! Very interesting to read through, but talk about a deep dive down the rabbit hole! The DAC looks cool, but it takes a brave soul to go that route :grinning:

Beautiful and bulky ( per my request ) headband and an awesome cable!! Both for my Stellia.
Normally I won’t put any names, but since they are from small business and as a owner of one I know how valuable this comments can be, I will post their Etsy shop names as well.
Just to be clear, the only communication I had with these persons was about the customization of my orders and nothing more.

HalbyCables and Mindymakesitawesome

15 Likes

I got the same cable for my Clear OG, Victor makes a really nice, high quality cable! I got mine with the VIABLUE 3.5mm upgraded connectors, which were pointless overkill but they look fantastic. Very high quality connectors. I also strongly recommend Halby Cables to anyone looking for a new cable. He’s in Seattle too, which is local for me :+1:

4 Likes

How’s the microphonics?

I’ve found anyone using the Paracord 375/425 sized paracord, tends to end up a bit microphonic. The spongier 550 size seems to do ok.

1 Like

No microphonics and is very soft.

I’ll have to keep them in mind. It’s always nice to be able to support a local small business.

1 Like

No microphonics here either. Cable is also very flexible.