What's in the box!

Some small Schiit

1. The reintroduced LISST solid state tube replacement (i.e., depletion mode MOSFETs). I’ve got it in my Lyr 3 now. It makes sounds. Good so far.

2. Vali Mini Coasters! Whee! Perhaps I’ll finish one like @PastorOfMuppets or use them for a Schiity new game.

10 Likes

I love a happy ending!

Listening to my own VO right now (silkwood; original stock pads) and love this headphone to pieces. Hard to imagine every letting this one go…

3 Likes

Happy for you man! These burls go so well together. Congrats!!

1 Like

Ordered a Fostex T50RP Mk3 from an Amazon seller. This came:

3 Likes

Jeeze, that’s just wrong… Mix up or fraud?

Fraud I think. Amazon said they would refund my mone - so that’s good.

Still, it’s hard to listen to a paper plate.

4 Likes

There is no return for frustration though.

Hope you can have some laughs about this in the near future.

3 Likes

I’ve had that happen before. I had to argue with paypal one time to get my refund without sending the trinket back to China. Made it clear it was a fraudulent sale from the start.

2 Likes

At least it doesn’t look used.

9 Likes

Sonnet Pasithea in the house…

19 Likes

Man. I’m sorry. People are cruel and dishonest. Luckily we don’t deal with that here.

1 Like

This came in today from AliExpress:

Adding new possibilities for my small MMCX ecosystem:

FWIW, cable above is the FiiO LC-RB plugged into the KA2 dongle.

14 Likes

I stopped by a local stationer’s last week and picked up some supplies for the upcoming academic year (back to in-person meetings):

Unboxed:

Detail of the nibs:

The pen in the back is a Sailor Professional Gear w/ a medium-fine Naginata-Togi 21k nib. The pen in the front is a Sailor 1911 w/ a zoom 14k nib. Both are currently filled with Sailor black ink via included cartridges as I get used to the grinds. I’ll probably have the latter reground into an Architect/Hebrew/Arabic nib profile, but we shall see.

Regards,
Vic

9 Likes

Lovely portable set-up. Can I ask you what pads those are on your HD600’s?

1 Like

Sure. Here is the link for direct purchase.

Hint: do not underestimate their B-stock quality – i.e., the very pads installed in my HD600. It’s almost half off retail price and typically has no major issues. Usually out of stock though as they go out quickly.

1 Like

Speaking of pads… Another B-stock sheepskin set came in today.

20220831_195845

This leatherware smells so good.

8 Likes

Which headphone will these be fitted with?

I already have more than enough parts to make XLR Canare interconnects. However, I have been just too busy and tired to assemble them. Amazon convenience is just too enticing.

9 Likes

I keep rolling them. Plans change all the time but at some point the fenestrated will be installed in the HD58X. The regular sheepskin is going to the drawer, or will make it to the HD600. Still don’t know.

I became a hoarder. I may have pads for the next 5 years. :grimacing:

1 Like

You’re not a hoarder, yet. I have tubes for my tube amps for probably 200-300 years… THAT is hoarding :smile:

8 Likes