What's in the box!

From what I’m reading this is as close to dna or Eddie current as I am gonna maybe ever get. Keep kids and pets away.

25 Likes

It’s not choosing ZMF that is the hardest, rather which one, indeed!

7 Likes

Folk yeah!!! Congrats, look forward to hearing your thoughts!

4 Likes

As crazy as it sounds for what I’d guess this thing costs, I think it punches above it’s weight class. It’s right there with my Bigger Ben which is at least $1000 more I’d guess. And I bought some used RCA 2a3s and a Raytheon 6bz7 after reading some of your posts about this amp. Spent about $150 total, using a rectifier I had sitting in a drawer and they completely unleashed this amp. It’s crazy. Very impressed

7 Likes

Donald should give Andris commission. :wink: My decision was based on a LOT of research, but Andris’s comparison of Woo vs LTA vs Stellaris weighed VERY heavily.

6 Likes

Got a pretty good deal for both so I had to pull the trigger. :money_with_wings: :money_with_wings: :money_with_wings:

Liquid Gold X and Liquid Platinum DAC

20220906_225538

11 Likes

Rectifier makes a big difference with DNA amps. Poorest of the stock tubes. Driver and power tubes are serviceable to decent but can be made to really do well with a good rectifier. I still use the stock driver tube on my Stellaris.

9 Likes

Toobs! :sunglasses: :+1:

Same, share thoughts when collected

2 Likes

Unless you want the Atrium, these are pretty sweet deals

https://shop.zmfheadphones.com/collections/hot-cup-summer/products/hot-cup-summer-b-stock

Hurry up and buy a ZMF, Then we’ll have some more to talk about! :laughing:

2 Likes

I know what you mean. I picked my Stratus over my Nautilus!! Although after listening with all my Zmf’s I found the Stratus worked well for me on every headphone, where I only liked the verites out of the Nautilus/BB/MogSE but that pairing with the verites is mind blowingly good! I’m starting to think the Stratus/Aeolus is becoming my favorite! I’ve been reaching for them a lot more lately.

Do I miss the Nautilus? Hell yea I do! I hope to get one again.

7 Likes

Second most expensive cable I’ve bought. But really excited to use my Monarch MkII as a gaming headset… or, if I’m honest with myself, call into meetings with them. :confused:

8 Likes

Yeah, deals like these do not come around often! A steal at this price straight from Zach!

3 Likes

Honestly @perogie, I started with the power tubes, then the input, and finally the rectifier over 3 days and they all significantly improved the sound, and I’d say that although the input tube was probably the least impact, it wasn’t by a lot. And I’d also say power and rectifier were pretty close in impact, although that could be colored by the order in which they were installed.
Regardless, they pull it together pretty well.

5 Likes

You must be kinda bummed out on selling that Cossor back to me… :joy:.

The RCA 2a3’s are great for a warmer tube. Once you pull the trigger on a pair of Acmes or EML solid plates you’ll thank me later.

Also my favorite rcas are the spring top ones. Super warm tube that’s very complimentary to my new production pairs. Also, I love going back and forth between 5ar4/5u4g. Night and day differences on that swap.

2 Likes

Let us know how the mic sounds? Have it in my Aliexpress basket right now :wink:

Absolutely. I always suggest and tell people to be patient with tubes in general. The sound builds significantly in character and refinement with around 150 to 200hrs depending on the tube itself. Relax. And enjoy.

Congrats to you and @andris again on your DNA amps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mic is actually really good. I haven’t done an A/B test but I think it sounds comparable to the other boom mics I’ve used including the USB Modmic and the V Moda Boom Pro. I used it in a couple teams meetings today and it’s absolutely good enough for communication. The MMCX connector for the mic is keyed so it can only plug in one way, which is strange considering the holes for the mic end up facing away from your face, but it’s an omnidirectional mic, so there isn’t much of a difference in sound quality at all.

My biggest gripe with the cable as a whole is the angled 2 pin connectors. The way IEM’s me makes it more difficult for to keep the ear hooks wrapped around my ears. I’ve got the MMCX version on the way that I plan on trying with my MMCX > 2 pin adapters. I’m hoping the extra height and articulation fix this issue.

I made a post about this on the gaming headset thread, so I’ll report back there when I have more thoughts.

2 Likes

Yes dawg!!!

1 Like

Looking forward to the update when you have had some more time.
Was planning for the MMCX version and then just use adapters for 2 pin if needed - that might be the best move anyway is seams.