ZMF Aeolus - Open-Back Dynamic Headphone - Official Thread

Agreed it is a lovely cable, but the price… :scream: :scream:
It have not bought it, as it would end up at $5-600.

It is a bit pricey, if you need a longer length. Mine is only 4ft, and I bought it second hand as well, so it was quite affordable. The Michanikos comes up for sale in the used market quite often, so I would keep an eye out for that, if you are looking for one.

4 Likes

Man your BHC is beautifully built! I was just admiring your photo of it.

BHC with Bendix 6080wb & Sylvania GB 5814a

7 Likes

Thanks! I can’t take the credit for it, other than the color scheme. I knew this amp was good enough, that I wanted to have it perfect, so I paid a professional to build it.

That tube combo, is incredible by the way. I am confident in saying that with my DAC and this tube combo, the BHC can hang with anything in the $1000 range easily, and is a match made in heaven with the Aeolus.

2 Likes

I will soon be joining you in the Aeolus family!

5 Likes

What model did you go for?

2 Likes

Pssst…

Aeolus for sale if anyone is interested.

3 Likes

Dude so much amazing gear!

1 Like

(Photo from ZMF)

These will be handed down to my daughter one day when she is old enough, she already loves music so hopefully she will have an appreciation for our hobby too.

20 Likes

That is awesome Marcello @MRHifiReviews

What a beautiful pair of headphones!

I want to get a pair when I can

2 Likes

Wow, that is the best looking pair I have seen yet!

3 Likes

I am super excited, honestly I was going to go with the Sapele as I really like darker or cherry woods and think they look beautiful, but then I had this thought about the headphones after reading on the website as heirloom quality and I imagined what my daughter might like better one day, so I sprung and spent a little more thinking that one day these will be hers.

4 Likes

I love my Sapele and it just happens to be my favorite wood choice, but totally dig your pair and the reason behind it.

1 Like

Thanks buddy! You were one of the people on here that got me so excited to hear these headphones!

1 Like

wow is this gorgious!

if you don´t send us photos of your personal pair, the moment it arrives …

it is a wonderful thought, you have with handling it over to your daughter one day

2 Likes

I will definitely be photographing them!!!

2 Likes

Is that Camphor Burl from ZMF’s current batch? They look much darker on his website.

2 Likes

Great question @Tacanacy I couldn’t really say, It could be, or it could just be the way it was lit for the photograph.

1 Like

It’s not your photo?

Nope that is directly from ZMF, when I purchased there was a list of current b-stock and like new headphones Zack had and there was images with the list. So that is from Zack and his team. I am still awaiting shipping on mine. I added that detail to my original post to avoid any confusion. Once I get my pair @Tacanacy I will take my own photos and post here along with my impressions.

3 Likes