CanJam SoCal 2019

Lucky, lucky guys. I will be there in spirit. Have fun everyone. :beers:

3 Likes

In the hotel now! Pretty nice…tomorrow taking the daughter to an amusement park with some local friends! Look forward to seeing everyone!

3 Likes

We have moved our location from Hunnington Beach to within walking distance of the hotel. So we will be very close by tomorrow night!

2 Likes

There is some good eats near by! A ramen shop that I really want to try and a cool coffee shop. Maybe grab a drink tomorrow depending?

2 Likes

Ramen?

RAMEN?!

This settles it … put the sprog with a sitter for the night, we’re taking you and your, as yet, unnamed, Mrs. out for dinner! :wink:

3 Likes

I am a Ramen fan big time! It is like pizza, the perfect food lol! It has everything you need and tastes delicious (well depending on the shop, and how they do the noodles, I’m a fan of slightly chewy, hate it when they are mushy).

2 Likes

Well, they say “it takes all sorts to make a world …” … though … I’m far from sure who “they” are, nor if said “world” is a place I in which I wish to reside.

It all sounds far too much like my wife’s instance that “Kale is awesome, and you should try some wheatgrass and avocado with that*”.

Personally … I think you all have completely broken taste buds. That, or it’s an “American” thing. I know you have quite discerning taste for Scotch, Bourbon and sour-mash, but … well … my credulity is now … stretched!

*To her credit, on our first date, I ordered EVERY appetizer on the menu … without realizing she was a founder/chapter member of the “Clean Plate Club”, just because I wanted a bite of everything, and she handled it like a trouper. She was even able to move the next day for a second date …

3 Likes

Also I’m specifically saying Japanese ramen from a ramen restaurant, not cup o noodles lol…

But yeah, we are definitely down for grabbing dinner, we just need to get the lil one to stay at her aunts…not to big of an ask.

4 Likes

Ok…long day at Knott’s Berry farm…with friends and their nephews…I’m wiped… looking forward to relaxing tonight!..maybe sneak off and grab a cocktail nearby with @andrew, @taronlissimore? But we shall see…the dictator of my life is a Focal beast…but what almost 3year old isn’t lol

IMO, tonkotsu (Hakata) ramen is last-meal-on-death-row good:

1 Like

Our flight gets in around 7 tonight so we will see how @andrew is feeling. We will have some work things to take care of in the room before anything else but we are very close to you so it’s something I think we could manage!

1 Like

Yeah, no big deal! If available cool if not I can easily crash early for once lol

I love ramen. mmm let’s get ramen next week.

I wish I could join, but I have some things to fix at home like my garage door wont close after the painters fixed frames and now they interfere with it closing correctly.

I did hear a rumor that @MCM is going to hunt down Jude and try to feed him liquor and convince him to let them use his industry measurement tools. I would like to see this in action.

1 Like

substantiated evidence: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/etymotic-er2se-a-reference-headphone-for-your-ears-and-your-couplers.908512/page-2#post-15019064

1 Like

I’m going to head down to the bar for a cocktail in the Marriott bar if anyone is interested around 845/9pm mostly just for a nightcap or two…

1 Like

Hey we actually just landed! My timeframe was pretty off… maybe by a couple of hours. Driving from LAX to Irvine now. Should be in around 11!

2 Likes

I passed out yesterday lol, all day at a theme park with lils… we are heading to Duck donuts here soon to grab some breakfast and then around the corner grab some coffee! I’ll be downstairs @10am we check out @2pm but are planning on going and grabbing ramen around 230-3pm then head to the airport.

1 Like

The best, most memorable, ramen of my life was at this chain in Kanazawa Japan:

International ramen chain – they have a location in Santa Monica.

1 Like

If you get a chance, do me a favor and swing by the 64Audio table/booth? See what their new IEM is about (mostly I just want to know if it’s custom or universal, and what the driver complement/configuration is …).

That’s probably the most interesting thing for me as a non-attender this time.

Unless Zach brought closed-back Vérité prototypes! :wink:

2 Likes

Say hi to Zach for me! (And yes, need a report of the closed Verite please.)

1 Like