Headphones Battlestations

Latest iteration of the battle station… I ordered the wrong shelf to go above…so I’ll have to wait until this weekend to get my toy shelf together above the audio shelf.

The wood is purple heart wood, I sanded and finished myself, it looks better in person…it always looks orange (ish) in pics… I used Photoshop Express on Android to edit and resize my photo. I will be adding the EC ZDT Jr hopefully soon…(Mass)Drop FedEx is the slowest service I’ve ever experienced… I ordered it with 2day shipping last Monday…it is scheduled for this weekend as a delivery…FML…

11 Likes

Some choice gear there, and in a lovely layout. The bright green/yellow cable is awesome (only acid-purple could be better).

Wood, in general, can be a shit to photograph … purpleheart is a particular bugger!

2 Likes

I detect an infidel turntable.

1 Like

Here is the current full setup … I’m doing an AIO shootout on my main desk…or an AIO stack, which is very useless lol

Close up of the AIO stack

17 Likes

Beautiful, you’ve created an amazing space there. Respect.

2 Likes

Ok version 3.14…

I’m sure more versions will come lol

15 Likes

Looking good!

Fantastic, in fact!

Though I’m not quite sure how the placement of the Mani is helping you actually spin any vinyl …

And despite the two new arrivals, there’s still one thing missing there! :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you!

I’m still deciding on if I should move the vinyl setup downstairs or not lol…plus I need to order more RCA cables…

Is it Voltron? I do need to build that…

1 Like

Indeed, it IS Voltron that’s missing!

1 Like

Have you seen the new Jurassic Park T-Rex set? it is pretty awesome! My daughter wanted it lol…

9 Likes

My son wants the Stranger Things set. And so do I. :smirk:

4 Likes

This is actually a pretty accurate interaction with my wife when she goes into my corner or areas where I collect things lol

8 Likes

“stay out of my room”, would be nice, if my wife would not use the home-office 80% of time

she is there every day really working and I´m only allowed to edit pictures/videos(hobby since over 25 years) and listen to music(was always very important, but since 2 years in the audiophile rabbit hole)

the pc is state of the art for 4k video editing and way to much for her office work but super silent in idle mode, so that is fine for her. 2 monitors with 1 Dell 27inch 1440p and a 24inch old one with (now quite new KEF Q100- mit on the picture) on each side

if we move to another place, I have to get “my room” back - all your workstations are really cool!!

This is an old picture from february this year - here is an SMSL M6(DAC/Amp) connected to an old Yamaha Reciever for the 2.1 setup, We now have the KEF Q100 since 2 months instead of the crappy Rear-Canton loudpseakers out of an old 7.1 setup. The Phono-Stage is connected to the reciever… for now but I will research a better solution for all of this stuff. Need also some kind of cable-management

At the end of september there will be a SMSL SU-8 and the 789 AAA, DT 177x Go added and later in 2019 a Focal Elegia + a tube solution in 2020
I wonder if the SMSL M6 and SU-8 can be used parallel or if I throw out the M6- because of windows 10 driver shit. I use in Foobar the Asio Driver. The M6 is actually pre-out not line out to the reciever and the 2.1 setup.

At the moment I listen most of the time to my ifi xDSD with mqa unfold to my 1990s with A-Pads, the 58x or the 770 Pro 80 Ohms
We use Foobar, Tidal Masters and Spotify Premium + self-ripped Flac Files from over 1500 CDs + a few bought DSD files.
660s is most of the time packed away(because of Dog-Hairs) and will be sold, or given to my father (like AKG K701)

and yes it´s pink

6 Likes

Moved my setup to a different room – we swapped our offices this weekend…

9 Likes

I need to redo my desk…super messy right now…I’m thinking of uninstalling everything and starting over…problem with having way too many devices…cable management and power management is a MF! Plus I have some rando on loan stuff taking up space…need to figure out a better way to incorporate on loan gear space to my setup.

I’m jealous of your super clean space right now @antdroid also we should grab lunch again soon! I can head your direction? I’m curious about your thoughts on the Cayin N6ii…

1 Like

I use power strip cover boxes, neoprene zippered cable wraps, and cable runway behind my desk. I also use a foam board from the craft store to camouflage whatever else is showing.

3 Likes

I have a networking rack with a power supply under my desk to hide all power cables. Then a ton of Velcro ties for cable management…but I have my PC on one side under my desk, Macmini and network power rack plus external GPU on the other…and a giant rack of audio gear even further to the right lol…need to consolidate…was thinking we might be moving, so held off on getting a new desk…so I’ll just go back to reorganizing it…and I need to get back on the sell off of excess gear kick again soon…I’m thinking Focal Clears are redundant, and I’m even looking at my THX00 Purple Hearts as possible sell offs…definitely the THX789…

1 Like

Here is what I have been enjoying for awhile, Arist R2R is inbound to try a little different flavor.

12 Likes

Headphone amp and headphones not pictured. The Steinberg UR28M will get moved off to its spot on the right of the desk once I procure the new version of the RME ADI-2 DAC (unless an AK4493 ADI-2 Pro is announced before those come in stock in the US).

9 Likes

pretty sure they already announced the 4493 ADI-2DAC…it was a “soft” release and really didn’t tell anyone…

Yup…RME ADI-2 DAC AKM 4493

2 Likes