Koss Porta Pro-Unofficial Thread

I try to use the KSC75 as “wirelessly” as possible :pinching_hand:

Honestly, i use the Porta Pro‘s the same way, and the Earstudio or the BTR5 have micros build in :wink:.

2 Likes

Nice mobile chain you have there.

Y’all were not messing around. The detail for $20. Lordy. And with truebass on they are so much fun.

9 Likes

Uhhh, Porta Pros & Truebass, You “bass junkie” You :cowboy_hat_face: :partying_face: :sunglasses:

Hardcore :crazy_face: :rofl:

Enjoy listening :heavy_heart_exclamation:

2 Likes

Yes, you must obey your Porta Pro pastor.

Come crawling faster (Faster)
Obey your pastor (Pastor)
Your life burns faster (Faster)
Obey your Pastor, pastor
Pastor of muppets, I’m pushing your wires

And so said Koss, and so said they all.

6 Likes

Does anyone know of a cover for the Porta Pro headband? My son kept getting his hair snagged in the headband, so he put them on hiatus.

1 Like

That’s a tough one. I haven’t seen one that’s appropriately small enough for the Porta Pro, but I know hair pulling can be an issue. :grimacing:

1 Like

@ValentineLuke - I thought if anyone knew, you might have the answer… Somehow I don’t have the same problem - I offered to cut his hair with clippers, or give him a sideways reverse mohawk - not surprisingly he said he’d just borrow a set of one of my other headphones.

1 Like

Should be easy to make one.

2 Likes

Wait these are gonna give my porta pro a better sound? How?

They’re just slightly thicker than the stock pads. This alters the sound. Since they are also a little wider, they sit better on the ear as well. Comfy.

Put the Pros on and pull them away from your ears a bit, you’ll see. The sound changes.

4 Likes

Alright i will order them then thx for the info

I orderer a bunch of new headphones so i can play with them and figure out what i like and whatnot. But i also wanna start playing with EQ. Starting with the portapros . Where can i find eq profile and graph comparing dofferent model to the harman reference?

I haven’t seen an EQ profile for the PortaPros. I generally give them no EQ or about a 3db bass shelf starting at about 60hz. You can’t do too much more, as the driver isn’t capable of delivering much sub-bass. I find the treble to be fine with YAXI Pads, and have not found it profitable to play with.

1 Like

Do you know a website with the graph compared to the harman reference?

Oratory1990 Headphone eq and charts

1 Like

If you use the Wayback Machine (Internet Archive) you can still access Tyll’s website. Use the search function on Wayback Machine, and you’ll find the thread.

I’m an old fart, and I don’t care about the Harman reference - in fact when I hear “Harman” I think “Kardon”. I only care that it sounds good, Fortunately I have very good taste, and am most discerning, so my opinion is both correct and valuable. (Some persons here have accused me of having a “sense of humor” but I deny it).

I hope this helps. The PortaPro is a cheap, awesome headphone, where the designers made almost all of the right trade off choices, but because it is no more than that, I don’t find EQ being too helpful with it.

6 Likes

Woooo this is crazy thx a lot honestly theres is a lot of data there this is exactly what i was looking for

1 Like

Got in the just released purple Yaxi pads! So stoked!

12 Likes

If ever a perfect match was made …

That said, I would have gone purple too, if they’d been available when I bought them. (OTOH, I only use them when I’m walking the dog, after dark, so nobody including me really sees what color my Yaxi are.)

1 Like