New Here? This Is The Spot To Introduce Yourself

Congrats, great stuff.
I hope I will read your impressions about Arche+Stellia.
Enjoy.

1 Like

LOL, Reminds me of Jake from State farm commercial.

2 Likes

I asked my wife why she looked downcast after a similar situation occurred.

She said it was because she married an idiot.

(In my defense, I was looking at renting an apartment in order to hide a Ducati. Which seems perfectly reasonable)

6 Likes

Yes,
Thanks.
A long time ago I had s chance to put a pair of STAX on. It was in Akihabara at one of the Audio Shops. I was amazed. Thatā€™s the sound Iā€™m looking for. I share the listening room where the Maggieā€™s are with my family. I donā€™t just play music through the Maggieā€™s and do my chores, but I sit in the sweet spot and REALLY listen. With planar headphones Iā€™m looking for that type of experience otherwise thereā€™s no point for me. I want headphones that can put me in the recording studio or live venue. Out of head sound.
Vac

2 Likes

I donā€™t have enough experience to make a specific recommendation but some of the other folks will probably be able to help you.

Good to welcome another electrostatic fan. You should look at the Nectar Hive thread here, as well as the STAX discussions.

Every year I balance pulling the trigger on some Maggie 3.7iā€™s and then think about my catā€™s claws.

Hello and welcome @Colozeus and @StarkMariusz.

2 Likes

welcome-sunglasses-smiley-emoticon To this weeks new members, Enjoy !

1 Like

Glad to be here and contribute if I can. But mostly, Iā€™ll just absorb knowledge of others.

5 Likes

Hello and welcome @Sim_Ziff.

2 Likes

Welcome to all new members of the last week. Enjoy

1 Like

3.7ā€™s!!!
I only have SMGaā€™s from ā€˜89 and MMGā€™s from last year. Iā€™m very happy with the bass and have never felt the need for a sub.
.7ā€™s may be too much for my room. Iā€™d like to
try the LSRā€™s.
They have something you can spray to keeps cats away.
Iā€™ll check the other threads you mentioned. I also read that the drivers in Stax will deteriorate with time. I had not known that.
Thanks again

1 Like

Ahhhh, I didnā€™t realize that. :astonished:

I clearly wasnā€™t as smart as you, and Iā€™ve been re-ripping CDā€™s to flac using foobar, so my flac library is separate from my iTunes library. Iā€™ve reached the point of no return and canā€™t start again.

1 Like

Hello and welcome @brif, @Roci and @Skylark12.

2 Likes

Welcome to all this weeks new members.

If youā€™re on a Mac you can simply drag and drop the contents of a CD to your desktop. Theyā€™ll be AIF Files. No extra applications needed.

3 Likes

How is the tagging / metadata result using the imac drag and drop?

Thanks.

Last time I did was zero but I remember I was offline. Nothing a tag editor app canā€™t fix in 1 minute.

1 Like

I ripped everything in either JRMC or dbpoweramp, and used Song Kong to fill in the metadata. Easier is better for me.

2 Likes

Thank you for the welcome. I love tube amps for guitar and home audio and Iā€™ve been working my way up the headphone range to figure out what I like and what makes higher end models better.

4 Likes