New Here? This Is The Spot To Introduce Yourself

Hello and welcome @Oig.

4 Likes

Hi, thanks.

I’m pretty new to the hobby - my son asked for a set of Fidelio X2 HRs in April, and they made me realize that the Sennheiser 439s I’ve had for years were somewhat lacking. Since then I’ve experimented and spent somewhat more than I intended lol - so far I have set of Grado SR125s, Hifiman HE 560s, and some AKG K701s I picked up just a couple of days ago. Amp wise I’ve got a Fiio Q1 Mk2 and an Ifi Zen Dac V2. Of course, I’m now wondering if it’d sound better if I bought a Zen Can too.

I’d really like a pair of HD800s, though I’m not quite ready to spend $1000 on a set of cans yet - but just a few months ago the thought of spending more than $150 seemed insane, so who knows?

Great to be here!

8 Likes

Hello and welcome @cetacean.

4 Likes

Hello and welcome @Lucinerd.

3 Likes

welcome-sunglasses-smiley-emoticon to this weeks new members, Enjoy !

1 Like

Hello and welcome @Akaniji55112.

3 Likes

Hi! I’m a newbie in this hobby. Just bought the ZMF Atrium to see what’s the fuss about it, but I was unimpressed. Maybe because I use it with my humble little Jotunheim :relieved: lol. Anyways I don’t have the fund for high end amp/dac so I’m trying to sell my Atrium, I saw some sale posted on the headphone community, I wonder how I can do the same? Thank you!

4 Likes

Hello and Welcome @Vallotton.

3 Likes

Hello and Welcome @Snoopy.

5 Likes

Looks like a great communication forum. I am an enthusiast, not a pro. The descriptive wording is still not registering with me. I am pretty simple. It’s all about sound and comfort for hours of listening. I have a few years on most. Probably lucky just to be here. But I really enjoy my equipment. I have a pair of Audio Technica ATHWP900. Honestly, I prefer them to the Focal Clear MG pro. But I am looking at the next upgrade. I am still in the trying stages of the Clear. Use with RME ADI-2 Pro FSR dac /amp.
Knoxville, TN

10 Likes

Hello and Welcome @Mikephones.

4 Likes

Hello and Welcome @VSG.

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @TimTam, @DMGPlay and @AGNEL_ROSHAN_DSILVA.

3 Likes

welcome-sunglasses-smiley-emoticon to this weeks newest members

2 Likes

Hey, I’m back y’all!

Hello guys

Mike from Sweden here. I´m a old guy with a lot of history, being lucky to have a small but dedicated room a few years back. Worked a lot with my room acoustics and some of it can be seen here

Tried a few classics from Tannoy, ATC and JBL. The Tannoys above are called Compaqt Monitor, compaqt by Tannoy standards only :grinning:

ATC SCM100A

I have a friend that makes tube amplifiers and I was lucky to get to try a few…

That was years back cause the children have stolen my room and now I use the living room with a headphone setup.

Computer source with JRiver Software
PS Audio Perfectwave DAC (latest software update)
Burson Soloist amp
Audeze XC and 2 classic headphones
A number of IEMs

Cheers
Mike

10 Likes

I know the feeling! :smile:

Welcome Mike!

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @SwedishMike.

4 Likes

Hello and welcome @potterpicker, @Blue11, @Maxxx17.

3 Likes

Hello from jersey. Used the advice from your shows and got hd560s that i love

7 Likes