New Here? This Is The Spot To Introduce Yourself

Hello and welcome @Jourdan, @iqra_warraich, @FukemStudios, @antagron, @Bob1, @Jesse_Scott, @whiley2u and @Atomsk.

5 Likes

Hi there. I’m a long time home stereo/surround music lover, and currently use classic components from the '80’s and 90’s, mainly, in this home set-up. My system includes Mirage M3 speakers, Hsu subwoofer and amp, Audio Research tube amp, Lexicon preamp and surround, side and rear speakers, Sony Blu ray player, etc.

During the Covid pandemeic I got into headphones and related components. After reading and viewing reviews I purchase an Ifi Hipdac and HD 58X headphones and I was off into the rabbit hole. I actually had already owned a mid-90’s DT 990 and HD 580, and among those had preferred the Sennheiser sound.
But the HD 58X was unsatisfactory, and I finally bought a Sundara, and it became my main headphone. Then I got the HD 6XX at a discount, and still I was unsatisfied with the Sennheiser sound.

I had been reading also about the Beyerdynamic line, and I liked what I read about the DT 990’s wide soundstage and finally purchased one, and loved it. I had also acquired a Topping DAC and tube amplifier, and this combo worked well with the DT 990. So did my new Chord Mojo.

So now I was a Beyer fan, and got the Amiron Home, and the DT1990, and they’re both great in their own way. And then the DT 770, which sounds really good for its price and despite it being closed-back.

And finally (so far), I bought the $1300 Arya Organic. Wow. Out of this world holographic experience.
Happily though, I still enjoy my earlier Beyer headphones.
So much I could say about all of these headphones and DAC/ amps but this is just a relatively short encapsulation of my audiophile history and where I’m at today.

7 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome, glad to be here, or anywhere for that matter!

Looking forward to CamJam NYC 2024 tomorrow (unless you are reading this in THE FUTURE, if so, please send investment tips to me in the past).

I used to spend time watching Jude’s channel and that cost me, big time, but after a number of years I was curious what is going on in the hobby, especially with decent Chinese imports at decent quality and reasonable prices.

6 Likes

Welcome.

“Plastics”

I hear IBM is doing big things.

Ohhh, wrong decade. Sorry.

5 Likes

Please tell me your first name is Monty and you play keys for The Damned!

1 Like

Hello and welcome @Sanh_Nguyen, @sfabbas, @Loner-55 and @ed1.

4 Likes

Hello and welcome @Marilyn24 and @Kane_Williams.

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @Cruncho, @oblivion34 and @adeypoos.

5 Likes

Hello,

Just a nerd who happens to be into audio here to chime in on whatever catches my eye! Thanks for having me

5 Likes

Hello and welcome @Infoseeker, @Janko_Rakusa, @Bwag, @timbrehead, @Stimpy, @ch1525i, @Dp100proof and @raoul.

6 Likes

Hello and welcome @SonicRust and @Rishel_Bhalla_Bhatia.

4 Likes

Hello and welcome @Trekkie, @Tsumake and @LoveToListen.

4 Likes

Hi everyone. I’ve been active on Head-Fi for a while (same screen name) but I just joined here. Nice to meet you all.

I have a decent collection of mid-fi gear (the stars of the lineup at this point are my SASH Tres 45) ad always looking to learn more.

6 Likes

Hello and welcome @ThomasR and @Airwaves.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @agserumgard, @Dexter_prog, @Bisa_De_Lara, @JustThatShow and @aramakisec9.

4 Likes

Hello and welcome @Marc.

2 Likes

Thank you for the warm welcome, I was a ghost for a while but now I’M BACK!!

4 Likes

Hello and welcome @gzost, @mrhupa2, @mbjacob, @moots27, @audiojerry, @Tekjunke, @LittleTaffia and @gurkey.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @cargath and @michael_bolles.

2 Likes