Off Topic Gaming Thread

Yes the Look of the Battlefront games is so “in-movie” that I have to try them, as well.

My reaction times also went down from slow to bad.
It is why I never would go multiplayer again vs some of the kids out there. Prefer the Single Player campaigns out of this reason.

Have to show “Ian” in game to my wife. Curious about her reaction, as it is one of her favs in the series.

2 Likes

I have a high frustration level in games, if the controls are fair… if it is simply not well programmed, I loose the fun.

I never have thrown a controller somewhere like others do… or smashed a keyboard. It should stay a nice experiance and not result into more than some hard swearing, which can be revealing on it’s own :wink:

3 Likes

Big Final Fantasy fan. Really love the series and FF7 was classic.

5 Likes

Try Dragons Quest 11. You can put it down for weeks, or even months, and it will brief you on the last events in a charming way every time you boot up the game. It’s an incredible JRPG. Long and chill. Perfect for being played an hour before bed, right after a nice bath. I encourage you to watch the YouTube review of the game by Tim Rogers on Kotaku. He’s got a very wacky way of writing.

5 Likes

If you own a Switch or play on PC, there is a game called Octopath Traveler. It was designed to look like how we remember classic turn based RPGs. The combat is uniquely addictive boasting a system as in depth as you want it to be. Beware the story telling can get very mature. Each character is carefully developed in their own gripping plot path. Except maybe Olberic. Never found him too interesting.

4 Likes

Unfortunately those are the 2 I don’t currently game with. I am going to have to get a Switch at some point in the future.

4 Likes

I’d just grab a Schiit Hel, a headphone of choice, and a desk mic to plug in.

2 Likes

What do you think of the Audeze offerings in this area? They seem to be trying pretty hard.

3 Likes

Don’t remember much from listening to those at CanJam because the LCD-XC and ZMF line had all my attention. Will take exaggerated dynamics and loads of mid bass for a fun gaming experience over technical performance any day. I’ve never played competitively except in fighting games.

1 Like

I preordered a PenroseX for my son. I’m still waiting for them to ship.

I’ll post some impressions after I receive them. :+1:t4:

4 Likes

I can’t believe how much I got out of the demo alone from Ori. This is incredible.

4 Likes

I’ve got that game on my Xbox. I played until I got to the point known as “too old for a twitch game,” where I died and died and died. Maybe stop while you are ahead and wanting more?

3 Likes

I haven’t played any high end console games for over 10 years, the last game I fully played was Bioshock. For some reason I’ve been coming across recent game reviews and it’s tempting to get back into it. Apple Arcade and various apps only go so far.

Apple Arcade was disappointing, was hoping to find something fun and engaging but didn’t come across it.

Only thing preventing me is a lack of dedicated time to get into a game. Might not be fun to play in short 15 minute bursts throughout the day.

5 Likes

Loved this series! :100: beat both games! Fantastic art, music and story telling! Also really good controls and game mechanics!

One of my weaknesses is for good platform, Metroid-vania games! Or good side scrolling action games!

Mark of the Ninja
Katana Zero
Super Meat Boy
The Messenger
Ori
Cupboy
Hollowknight

Just to name a few of my favorites!

3 Likes

Already three hours in!

2 Likes

Man I’ve been on a real Gameboy Advance kick recently.

I just modded my childhood SP with a shiny new IPS screen and an Everdrive.

Mother 3 is a masterpiece. Really enjoying it so far.

4 Likes

Just beat this over the weekend. Fantastic game, would definitely recommend it for anyone looking for a fast-paced side scrolling game.

Right now I’m in a holding pattern trying to jump like a vulture on any Series X or PS5 available. Series X just so I can play the games I already have at 60 fps and PS5 so I can jump into Spiderman: Miles Morales. Last year’s Spiderman game was easily one of my favourites and MM looks fantastic.

3 Likes

Aint they like backordered for like months or something ridiculous? Or is that just web rumour?

2 Likes

I’ve got hopes that we Canadians will be able to get some slip through. Slim hopes but hopes nonetheless!

But ya, they launched way too early to try and hit Q4 sales goals instead of waiting until next year for supply to hit demand.

4 Likes

Got to fly those babies in, although they’ll probably “disappear” as they are routed through Pearson!! Got to hope for the transpacific route.

2 Likes