The Magni 3+ is an all-new iteration of Schiit’s most diminutive line of desktop headphone amplifiers, featuring increased power, a new topology (more similar to Vidar than the prior Magni 3), and better performance, both sonic and measured.
Price remains the same $99 as the out-going model!
Magni 3+ is introduced along side the “Magni Heresy”, which is the same price, but a different take on the product - focusing on ultra-high measured performance instead of discrete design. In Schiit’s words:
For Magni 3+, we pulled out all the stops in designing the highest performing discrete Magni ever, by any metric—power, distortion, or noise floor. But it’s easy to get even higher measured performance from integrated (op amp) designs, so we decided to give you a choice, with Magni Heresy.
Choose Magni 3+ for the ultimate expression of an affordable all-discrete current-feedback headphone amp. It’s now seriously a mini speaker amp, right down to the driver stage and Vbe multiplier. Magni 3+ is in our traditional silver and gray chassis.
Choose Magni Heresy for insanely great measurements from an all-op-amp based headphone amp that uses super high quality parts, including a multiple paralleled output stage with feedforward. Magni Heresy is in a black and red chassis.
And if you have trouble deciding between the two, Schiit has a nice proposition for you:
If you want to compare, you can buy both, keep both for 30 days, and return one with no restocking fee (for the first 250 orders).
Frequency Response: 20Hz-20Khz, +/-0.04dB
- Maximum Power, 16 ohms: 2.8W RMS per channel
- Maximum Power, 32 ohms: 2.4W RMS per channel
- Maximum Power, 50 ohms: 1.6W RMS per channel
- Maximum Power, 300 ohms: 410mW RMS per channel
- Maximum Power, 600 ohms: 215mW RMS per channel
- High Gain: Less than 0.0013% (-98dB) at 1V RMS into 32 ohms
- Low Gain: Less than 0.0005% (-106dB) at 1V RMS into 32 ohms
- High Gain: Less than 0.01% (-80dB) at 1V RMS into 32 ohms, CCIF
- Low Gain: Less than 0.002% (-95dB) at 1V RMS into 32 ohms, CCIF
- High Gain: Greater than 104dB, A weighted, referenced to 1V RMS
- Low Gain: Greater than 115dB, A weighted, referenced to 1V RMS
Crosstalk: Less than -70dB, 20 Hz-20 kHz in either gain
Output Impedance: Less than 0.2 ohms at either gain
Gain: 1 (3db) or 6 (18db), selectable via rear switch
Topology: Fully discrete, fully complementary all-bipolar, symmetrical current-feedback design with driver stage and Vbe multiplier, no capacitors in the signal path and DC servo
Protection: Standard failsafe DC power input and muting relay
This is the spot to discuss the new Schiit Magni 3+ …