Seattle December Mini-Meet (Midweek): Interest Check

So, I’m going to lock the specific date as the 19th.

It looks like we’re at 9 potential attendees right now.

I’ll also have the Schiit Magni 3+ and Magni Heresy available (added to first post), which were the couple of mystery items I mentioned.

5 Likes

Happy to hear it will be on the 19th and can confirm that @taronlissimore and I will be there.

4 Likes

I’ll make it later in the evening…unless you want a 3year old running around trying to touch all the things all the time…sigh lol.

I’ll shoot for 6pm timeframe… I can bring the Hel if there is interest in it.

@raindownthunda if you have time this is a great opportunity to meet some of the members and hear some rare gear.

@Torq I’ll also bring some bottles of wine, I’ll let you decide which ones you share, or keep for you and your wife to imbibe :face_with_monocle: it’s actually the wine we talked about plus some of its siblings lol

Not sure if there is any interest in any of my other headphones, as Torq has the “same” ones I have on hand minus a couple niche gaming ones like the LCD-GX…

Actually I’ll bring the Schiit Hel and LCD-GX for sure lol probably my Cayin N6ii and Andromeda Golds (if you want to hear them bring your own tips please). Maybe the Verite Closed “Purple People Eaters” as they are a one off and could be fun for people to see.

7 Likes

Darn, not going to see you this time, @TylersEclectic. Bummer.

3 Likes

Yeah, timing is difficult while being daddy daycare lol

2 Likes

Thanks @antroid for vouching.

2 Likes

Just got word from Hedd Audio and they’re shipping an evaluation unit next week. It looks like the pre-release HEDDphone will be joining us in Seattle.

We’re also bringing the pre-release Fidelice DAC which is spectacular.

Look forward to seeing everyone there!

10 Likes

HEDDphone is another phone with new technology AMT driver.

If I had not been out of town, I would be happy to join the meet.

2 Likes

Super excited to hear that we will have a HEDDphone at the meet! It was by far my favorite thing at Canjam Socal earlier this year so I can’t wait to hear it again. Also, I’ll be bringing demo units of the Aurorus Borealis and Australis headphones. You can read about them here on SBAF: https://www.superbestaudiofriends.org/index.php?threads/aurorus-audio-borealis-australis.7650/

5 Likes

I might be able to go. I’d love to meet everybody and ideally film some of it if people are cool with that.

8 Likes

I can’t make this date, but I would like to attend the next meet if it is indeed in/after February. I’d make a fun day trip out of it.

3 Likes

Only if I can film you filming others…:face_with_monocle:

It would be cool to catch up, plus I want to pick your brain on some things :nerd_face:

6 Likes

Sounds good. :+1:t4:

2 Likes

I would love to come and spend some time with you all but this month is going to be extremely busy and I don’t see making a mid week meet work. However I hope you all have a great time and will catch you next time!

3 Likes

I would expect the next meet here, at least if I’m involved, will be a bigger affair and not just a mini-meet at my home.

Though since I am fundamentally lazy, I don’t take any of my gear to meets not held at my home. I just take a long music and a source/player … usually a DAP … and maybe my reference IEMs.

5 Likes

That’s fine. I think it would be a good experience to meet people from here and listen to some equipment, and share thoughts and opinions in person.

2 Likes

Just got off the phone with HEDD. Unfortunately no longer guaranteed that we’ll have a pair in time for the meet. They’re waiting on a small part before they can ship.

I highlighted the importance of @Torq’s home (as the center of the North American headphone world) so they’re going to do everything they can to get them here in time.

5 Likes

You’re not supposed to be smoking that …

Well, unless you’re in Seattle … I suppose …

:wink:

I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

This is literally one of only two announced-and-pending-products that I’m eagerly anticipating (the other is the big Rupert Neve Fidelice DAC/amp).

5 Likes

There is a Head-Fi meet-up in the works for Seattle area too. Not sure the details yet, but I think it’ll be in January.

For this meetup, I may have the Jade II system from Hifiman with me too. They just sent me a message saying they’re going to send me a demo unit

5 Likes

Along with hopefully the HEDDphone, we should be bringing a few items with us that should be interesting to listen to

• Rupert Neve Designs Fidelice Precision DAC
  • Rupert Neve Designs Fidelice Precision Headphone Amp (Both should be @Torq’s before the meet)
  • 64 Audio U12t
  • Meze Rai Penta
  • Abyss Diana Phi
  • MrSpeakers Ether C Flow 1.1
  • Empire Ears Valkyrie
  • Rosson Audio RAD-0 Exploding Galaxy
  • And a few other surprises
6 Likes