Seattle December Mini-Meet (Midweek): Interest Check

Thansk for the @, Tyler! I’d love to join and meet more PNW folks from this forum. I’m tentative at this point as I’m starting my Crack build that week and am working on scheduling time to use my co-workers wood shop getting my ziricote bases constructed/finished that day or the day before. If I’m able to make it it would likely be in the early/late afternoon time frame.

5 Likes

@Speedster This is the meet we talked about on the phone this morning!

3 Likes

Thanks for inviting me, @taronlissimore! Unless a nasty winter storm foils my attempt to cross Snoqualmie Pass, please count me in for the mini meet. I really look forward to meeting all of you and experiencing a few of your incredible toys.

3 Likes

We’re now at capacity for the meet on the 19th.

I’ll be sending out a PM to all those who have said they might attend sometime later today/early tomorrow with more details, logistics, final gear lists (beyond what those of you coming bring) etc.

3 Likes

4 Likes

7 Likes

8 Likes

Great pictures @TylersEclectic!

3 Likes

did the heddphone make it to the meet?

nope ;(

Looking forward to people’s impressions on some of the “new” (to them, or the headphone market) gear they were able to try out.

Here’s what I tried, albeit most were short demos – I did more chatting than listening at this event:

Aurorus Audio Borealis/Australis : Pre-Release units – I did enjoy what I heard. Pleasant sounding, a little bit on the laid back and warm side. I would have liked to compare it to the Focal Clear but I was lazy. From memory, I think these are less upper mid/treble focused than the Clear and sound very good for long listening sessions. I think the biggest complaint I have is the fit. It’s very light and very comfortable, however the headband is too big for my head. The earcups are basically touching the top of my ears with a lot of room below.

Schiit Jotenheim R - this is the pre-release unit for the SR1A. I only used it for about 10 minutes but it seemed like a nice small package for powering the SR1A. I was surprised it didn’t get very hot too!

Audeze LCD-1 - I was rather disappointed in this one. It was splashy, forward and congested sounding. It was tuned a little too bright for my tastes and missing a little subbass. Its very lightweight as it is made up of all light plastic materials which feels rather cheap compared to even the Mobius. I liked the Mobius, and I loved the Sine, but the LCD-1 wasn’t as appealing to me.

64 Audio U12t - I finally got to listen to these IEMs and I came away very impressed. Good fit, lightweight, and very well balanced sound. Nice bass definition, coherent mids, and airy treble. The only part that some may find they may not like is the elevated treble. I dont particularly mind it though.

ZMF Pendant - Nice looking tube amp and sounds great. The only problem I had was EMI. I had my phone a couple feet away and it was creating interference hum.

4 Likes

Sounds like some great gear was there. Thanks for the impressions.

What did you do to get the small print? Do the whole thing as super or subscript?

I believe it requires manual coding. @Jsim might be able to advise. I’m not that fancy.

<sub>subscript</sub>
@pennstac

2 Likes

I knew I came to the right place. Thanks much.

1 Like

I do manual coding :phone:

:phone: How do you think I get my trademark red phone callouts? And yes, I guessed correctly at the code they used.

2 Likes