Seattle/Vancouver Area Meetup in August?

Cayin will have a tube module eventually. The N6ii also has much better battery life than the Ibasso (12-14 for the Cayin vs. 8-9 for the Ibasso). Edit: I’m talking about the 220 also.

I’d love to try Cascade and Mobius if you’re able to bring them, actually. I’ve been curious for a while. If it’s not convenient no big deal.

2 Likes

+1 for the Cascade.

1 Like

Easy to bring along both, I’ll try and remember to snag the alternative pads for the Cascade as well.

Do we have a headcount so far? I think I counted 8 if @andrew and @taronlissimore can make it. Just want to make sure we don’t boil @torq home with equipment and body heat during the hot August nights lol

2 Likes

Did you receive your N6ii? There’s a slim chance I may be able to get the new module in time to bring it down to Seattle.

1 Like

One quick update …

The MySphere 3.2 will NOT be here.

Delivery is 4 weeks out, which means a) they’d show up too late for this anyway and b) they’d not make it before my extended vacation, so I put the order on hold until the timing is closer to them arriving while I’m actually around to use them.

1 Like

Yes, listening to it right this second with Empyreans :wink:

Did they release the new module already? Haven’t had a chance to check…but I thought they were officially announcing it tomorrow? PCM should be interesting…depending on price I’ll pick one up ASAP, need to budget for some upcoming trips and other toys…lol

1 Like

Have we solidified a time frame and group of people for this? I was just told my time is spoken for until 1-2pm(ish) by the wife, we have a lunch function we are going to. But I’ll make it after that if it is still happening! I’ll also have the Vokyl Errupt headphones from some of the guys/gals that work at JDS labs side project, so that will be fun!

List of things I’ll be bringing:

CA Cascade
Audeze Mobius
ZMF Aeolus Ziricote (as long as I haven’t sold it by then)
Vokyl erupt
Cayin N6ii
I usually always have my beat up green Andro’s with me also (but if you want to hear my IEMs please bring your own tips)

Depending on delivery speed and availability:
Campfire Andromeda Gold
Audeze LCD-GX

:crossed_fingers: on these, @taronlissimore has been kicking but on trying to get these for me (protests and delayed shipping have been our bane! Lol) thanks @taronlissimore “you ‘da’ best!”

3 Likes

24th will work for me.

I am going to be back to my home midway between Seattle and Vancouver on 22nd after two weeks of travel.

Thomas

Yes, it’s still on … not seeing anything that’s likely to torpedo that at this point.

So far I see eight potentials, including @taronlissimore and @andrew - and since they have work-stuff during the bulk of the day I am planning on having this run later than we might usually do so that they have a chance to actually attend. The other six, so far, are @TylersEclectic, @antdroid, @Jaethan, @jrockwell, @Neetlet and @Thomas_kong.

I plan to be available from 12:00 onwards, and we’ll go until there is no one left.

4 Likes

I am thinking of doing a day trip down from Vancouver at this point…there might be one or two extras in Vancouver who wish to hop in with me…would this be a problem in terms of space?

1 Like

Count me in as well if there is room, I’ll be daytripping down with @jrockwell as well as two others.
I’ll be bringing:
Lotoo paw gold 2017
Kse1200
Spiral ears se5u

2 Likes

Some really nice gear there. I very nearly got the KSE1500 but went down another route. I’d still love to own either this or the KSE1200 in the future.

1 Like

I cap these things (at least when hosting them in my home) at 10 people, so, since @jrockwell was in my original count of 8, you’d make 9, which leaves room for one more.

2 Likes

Thanks @Torq-- I’ll be down with two passengers then.

1 Like

I would love to be there, but am rather tied up with work this month and dont expect it to let up in time to attend this meet! Have a great time everyone.

1 Like

Just an update @Torq…there has been a change of plans and I am coming down by myself now…so your count is still at 8.

2 Likes

My attendance likelihood is trending downwards, unfortunately, but I’ll confirm either way by Wednesday.

1 Like

Thanks guys, I appreciate the updates.

I’ll fire up a private conversation in a bit, for those attending, with more details (e.g. how to find me, a few notes about how these things tend to go, and some notes for anyone that’s not done one of these before).

2 Likes

A few updates on gear, from my side of things:

Thanks to the kind indulgences of Zach at ZMF there is a very solid chance that we’ll have a pair of the “Vérité C” to listen to. I am more than a little excited about that!

I will have the Rosson Audio RAD-0 here.

And of course my current stable of cans**, highlights of which include the RAAL SR1a, Audeze LCD-4, Abyss AB-1266 Phi CC, Focal Utopia, Stellia and Clear, Sennheiser HD800S and HD820 and both ZMF Vérité and Eikon.

Plus whatever you guys bring.

I’ll have my Blu Mk2 (M-Scaler) -> DAVE, feeding an Etude* (for the SR1a) and the Woo WA234MK2 MONO for everything else. I’ll also bring my Hugo M-Scaler -> Hugo TT 2 home from the office. And my Hugo 2 will be there.

Unless someone(s) in this group are particularly wanting to hear them (let me know ahead of time), I will probably not setup the complete Schiit mini-stack (Modi 3/Modi MB, Magni 3/Vali 2, Loki, Eitr, Sys, Wyrd).

The Phonitor X will be available fed both by it’s internal DAC192 module and the RME ADI-2 DAC fs. And I can fire up an un-speedballed Bottlehead Crack and iFi Audio Pro iCAN if/when people are interested.

*Assuming mine arrives in time; the demo unit I was using had to be returned. If it doesn’t, it’ll be a Vidar in that role. Which might be a more useful reference point anyway, as it shows just how good the SR1a can sound even with inexpensive amplification.
**Some of these, and several that aren’t listed here, are targets of my post-SR1a downsizing, so this will be the last time I have them at a meet as they are, or will be, up for sale.

7 Likes