Seattle/Vancouver Area Meetup in August?

A few updates on gear, from my side of things:

Thanks to the kind indulgences of Zach at ZMF there is a very solid chance that we’ll have a pair of the “Vérité C” to listen to. I am more than a little excited about that!

I will have the Rosson Audio RAD-0 here.

And of course my current stable of cans**, highlights of which include the RAAL SR1a, Audeze LCD-4, Abyss AB-1266 Phi CC, Focal Utopia, Stellia and Clear, Sennheiser HD800S and HD820 and both ZMF Vérité and Eikon.

Plus whatever you guys bring.

I’ll have my Blu Mk2 (M-Scaler) -> DAVE, feeding an Etude* (for the SR1a) and the Woo WA234MK2 MONO for everything else. I’ll also bring my Hugo M-Scaler -> Hugo TT 2 home from the office. And my Hugo 2 will be there.

Unless someone(s) in this group are particularly wanting to hear them (let me know ahead of time), I will probably not setup the complete Schiit mini-stack (Modi 3/Modi MB, Magni 3/Vali 2, Loki, Eitr, Sys, Wyrd).

The Phonitor X will be available fed both by it’s internal DAC192 module and the RME ADI-2 DAC fs. And I can fire up an un-speedballed Bottlehead Crack and iFi Audio Pro iCAN if/when people are interested.

*Assuming mine arrives in time; the demo unit I was using had to be returned. If it doesn’t, it’ll be a Vidar in that role. Which might be a more useful reference point anyway, as it shows just how good the SR1a can sound even with inexpensive amplification.
**Some of these, and several that aren’t listed here, are targets of my post-SR1a downsizing, so this will be the last time I have them at a meet as they are, or will be, up for sale.

7 Likes