The On-Topic, OFF-TOPIC Thread

Is that an actual question?

Somethings wrong with you… I suspect you have way too much blood in your whiskey system. Seek help immediately.

5 Likes

Cheers :tumbler_glass::

2 Likes

I need to go vote, but it’s the end of a long week.

2 Likes

@Torq. Ok now a proper chears! and thank you

2 Likes

+1 for Balvenie Doublewood. So good.

2 Likes

No one got my joke today " Yes, it is still aces above the high-end “Cool Whip” DAC." …

1 Like

I pondered that one for a while, but it just went over my head. :thinking:

Torq said the other day he respect Topping more if had more professional name other then some that goes on a Dessert ; ) He made it too easy. the new improved “Cool Whip” D90

2 Likes

Ahhh…, okay. Got it. :blush:

1 Like

With our high today of 87*F and going into a warm weekend, it made me think of bbq.

A buddy of mine has a fun little Youtube channel dedicated to grilling that sometimes includes beer, scotch, and even guns.
(He Merica’s pretty hard sometimes! :laughing:)

Check it out and subscribe.

Cheers! :tumbler_glass:

4 Likes

Your daily dose of TMI:
I had BBQ brisket today from a local mom and pop BBQ place. Gave me the squirts. Worth it. Kinda.

1 Like

Also: Having HD650 EQ loaded on the ADI-2 and using the E-mu Teak results in omgbassss

3 Likes

I threw on a few Ribeyes and New York Strips on the Green Egg Last night. It has been fantastic weather here in Austin, mid 70’ high’s.

1 Like

Nice. I bet they were delicious! :yum:

Have any of you had chance to listen to the K-Array speakers?

I got chance to demo them briefly back in December and was impressed for such a tiny set up, I believe they were the Azimut series. I am still trying to get my hands on some to give them a longer demo and would love to check out some of their other models.

1 Like

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Munich High End 2020 - Cancelled -& Coronavirus Discussion

I’m toying with the idea of building some headphones, and in my very casual research ran across a succinct and clear article on how headphone bass reproduction differs from open air speakers.

@Torq Per this article, my assumptions about bone condition headphones being poorly suited to bass reproduction may have been a little off. Gotta do some more learning here.

3 Likes

The old Bone Fone only did bass. Was a fad for about a year.

2 Likes

This definitely sounds rude. But it does look fascinating.

Have you see the News Report from 1980 on YouTube about it?
Here’s the link. Pretty funny stuff.

2 Likes

So… I am sitting here listening to Madonna - Madame X through the DT1990 and there is a depth and a “something” to it that I can can’t place but I am really enjoying it.

Then my wife came and asked why I was blasting music out from the speakers if I was wearing headphones!!

It certainly gave it a 3 dimensional touch :smile:

3 Likes