Vancouver BC Meet-Up

The Empyreans would be great! I’ve been trying to get a pair for the office and program for quite some time but everytime I have one in the works we end up selling it during the backorder period. I know there are quite a few people who would be happy to give them a listen!

For everyone that has posted in the thread and expressed interest in attending, I will be PM’ing all of you with details!

4 Likes

Long time lurker here-- I’ve been posting regularly on Head-Fi for the past few months. Excited at the prospect of a Vancouver meetup as I live on Vancouver Island…this particular weekend won’t work for me because I am tied up with commitments to family…hoping there are more like it in the future :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well … since our preferred hotel (Westin, Bayshore), just decided (literally as I hit “book”), that they wanted to go from a one-night reservation to a 4-night minimum, I may just say “fuck it” and do something else …

That’s a long-winded way of saying we’e now 30/70 in regards to fucking about on the border for several hours in the in the interest/whim of Canadian hotels that can’t decide what they want to charge for a US holiday weekend …

1 Like

That sounds like very much so like a Vancouver-Hotel thing to do. Very unfortunate. Our parents also had some issues with the hotels when they were down here a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully it’s just a glitch on their end and not a feature!

2 Likes

10/90 …

It has been 30 years since I was willing to expend this much personal energy in trying to give other people my money.

2 Likes

5/95 :frowning:

This is the only occasion where I wish we had a dislike button. The holiday is actually something that I completely forgot about this weekend since we just celebrated Canada Day last weekend.

3 Likes

Hotel was $421/night (one night minimum) less than 24 hours ago.

No issue there …

Now it’s $526/night (avg.) with a four night minimum … they can get stabbed.

4 Likes

Are you going just Saturday night?

Yikes

Im still 20/80 on this and would just do a day trip. but border could be nuts this weekend.

**but i do have a nexus card

2 Likes

That was the plan.

Now, at most, we’ll come up in the morning and leave after the meet. And whether we make it to the meet will depend greatly on how long the wait is either at the Peace Arch or via Blaine.

And it’s not the nightly rate that annoys me … it’s the fact that they clearly still have rooms for Saturday night, just in the space of about 4.5 minutes they decided they only wanted to sell them as part of a four-night package.

Sod that.

Sure, I could stay somewhere else, but that’s a compromise on what we wanted and I don’t do compromise well.

2 Likes

Hi and welcome @jrockwell

2 Likes

Hi Jeffrey! Nice to see you on here! Thanks for hooking me up with contact info the other day. Ended up buying the qdc Anole VX. :frowning:

So maybe not so good idea. :smiley:

Anyway, hope to see you more active on here!

On the Vancouver side of things…

I am looking like I may have to sit out. Packages are coming to my house Saturday that unfortunately require signatures. But… maybe I can go up solo.

3 Likes

Holy smokes man…you move fast lol…glad I could be of service though. How do you find the VX compared to Solaris? Do you think you’ll keep both? Cheers!

2 Likes

VX Anole meets the Antdroid IEM target and fits a lot better. I didnt even try the 8 switch combinations and just listened to it on the stock tuning. It’s really pleasant to me and matches almost exactly what I want. Bass is cleaner (BA), and signature is less thick, but still has really good bass, especially considering it’s a BA driving it. Really good resolution, and clean coherent mids and treble extension. Comparable soundstage. I only listened to it for about 15-20 minutes, but knew about 1 minute in playing a random song on Spotify that I was content with it.

** antdroid v0.1 target curve. :smiley:

Solaris - not sure what I’ll do with it yet. I may sell it but will do some back and forth more when I get the VX in. Comfort was the biggest issue with it for me, and I did get custom tips but they are annoying to use.

3 Likes

Right on man-- glad you found something that works for you. The VX seems to be one IEM that stops a lot of people from searching for something better. I personally don’t think I could ever invest that much $$-- especially in an all BA IEM-- without demoing first…good to know I’ll a couple options if I ever find myself down in the Seattle area :stuck_out_tongue: Happy listening!

2 Likes

The 5 Rosson headphones have dwindled down to one. Luckily I grabbed some pictures before shipping the other 4 out!

This was the one we listened to in the Rosson Audio Design Lab with the balanced setup and I couldn’t get it out of my mind. Was really hoping it would stick around the office for a little while but it sold within minutes of it going live.

The Emerald is one that actually photographs really well because of the way the light interacts with it. Sad to see it go as it may be my favourite of the bunch after spending some time with it in person.

So it is the Graffiti that is left and will be available for listening on Saturday!

5 Likes

looking good with those pics! I like the green one as well!

2 Likes

Looking forward to meeting you all :slight_smile:

6 Likes