What's in the box!

Congrats on the Mjolnir purchase!

3 Likes

Loved the ER2XR so much that I wanted to see what Etymotic’s flagship sounded like.

Adorama sales are going to be the death of me.

The QC card with the FR graph is really cool.

14 Likes

What’s in the brown paper bag?

This follows @pennstac’s suggestion of a rapid way to kill brain cells:

7 Likes

Never trust rum that you can see through!

7 Likes

Yes, that’s been my rule. This is 63% alcohol (bottom left of the label), and @pennstac convinced me to try it as overproof. If I don’t return to this forum I’ve probably been arrested or sent to the hospital.

8 Likes

“Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.”

• R. Swanson
3 Likes

Wray & Nephew is very good. Was recommended to me by a Scottish Salesman from Clan MacLeod in the Hebrides. While his refined drinking is single malt, he has many great nights he can’t remember after his introduction to Wray & Nephew. While the road to hell may start with Buckfast, once it gets paved Wray & Nephew banked the curves. :cocktail:   :cocktail: :cocktail:

:cocktail: This is not to take away from the very fine, but considerably less potent Meyer’s Planter’s Punch, nor the darker and somewhat less potent Sailor Jerry or Kraken.
:cocktail: :cocktail: Captain Moron and other spiced or flavored rums can go stifle themselves in their own marketing.

2 Likes

You might also want to try some Zaya rum.

I’ll see if it’s available in Pennsylvania.

I don’t like the hard stuff by itself makes my taste buds freak out and my face turns inside out…

1 Like

Time to warm up the GOTL!!

10 Likes

Have you gone through your tubes already!

No but the other GEC 6080’s I have has lots of hours on them so I wanted to get another pair that is used less and closer to nos to see if there is a big difference.

I also like collecting vintage tubes as they become rarer and rarer as the years go on.
Trying to gobbled up enough to keep me set for my lifetime and the lifetime of my children(hoping when I have kids that they like the audio hobby fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:) especially when I seek out and find tubes like this as they are not easy to find. I almost got my hands on a western electric 422a for a good deal but it didn’t work out.

1 Like

422’s ain’t cheap. Wonder how good it would have been?

1 Like

I found something just as good and will be here in the next week. Will let you know compared to my GEC U52.

1 Like

Cool. I’d be interested in hearing your thoughts.

1 Like

One stack of schiit leaves, another box of schiit arrives.

(This is the way)

21 Likes

How are the remaining brain cells? Care to do a short impressions?

Cells? Plural?

Runs

1 Like

Google pixel sucks for posting pics

13 Likes