What's in the box!

Balls directly on the fabric has always been my preferred way to be on the chair. Or any chair really, in my home or public transport.

Yeah it is actually. Has the right amount of leanback. And big wings up the top for when I pass out drunk each night, holds my head up.

6 Likes

Needed a dac with volume control to hold me over until I get my power amp stack complete for my speakers. Was going to go pre90, but I’ve never tried CL dacs before.

6 Likes

Congratulations @Gordon_Freeman. I’m lookinf forwards to your thoughts and impressions of these.

1 Like

I have that chair too. i think its time to use it (for unboxings). we almost donated it away this last week.

Upgraded from the Astell & Kern SR25 to this new SE180 in record time (less than a half-year). To me, there’s a stronger presence, a more powerful bass, an altogether more satisfying sound, though not hugely different in detail from the SR25. Bigger screen, updated navigation, and the ability to replace and switch out DACs. A good upgrade!

16 Likes

Chair photography isn’t easy. Placing the product properly on the chair, is something that has taken me a long time to master

Brimar F6067T

15 Likes

Nice haul! I have been listening to this same tube for the past two weeks. It’s absolutely killer with the Bendix 6080WB in my crack. It was pretty noisy for the first couple days but has really settled in. Dead silent and has opened up to be more spacious. I think it’s up there with the best of the best, even when compared to some of the top 6j5/L63 pairs. You also have the Brimar CV4034 right? I’d be curious to know if you end up with a favorite between these 12au7 equivalents.

1 Like

Yes I have a CV4034 too. Both these tubes are Footscrays. I’m rotating both of these as well as a Mullard CV3986. Trying to do a few turns of each for 3-4 weeks.

1 Like

After a really busy few weeks at work, here we go! Nicely boxed and packed. Bigger than I expected. More observations later…

24 Likes

l

Bloody cats

(it’s a cable protector with a split sleeve, also good for cable management)

11 Likes

Show us the after as well. :grin:

We use Alex Tech for our 3 cats. Works great!

2 Likes

I’ve used those. Kind of annoying to put on but do the job. The ends fray badly so the advice to heat them up and melt the plastic ends if you cut them to size is warranted.

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve been using them for a few months. The first ones had to be redone because of all the fraying.

Initially, the sleeves frustrated my malevolent little beast and he gave up. Now he’s decided to renew his efforts and now also direct them against MacBook power cables, hence the matching white sleeve. So far the sleeves have worked (touch wood).

I’ll go one better, here’s the security camera footage. Caught red-handed/clawed:

IMG_0869

No damage done this time; I was on to him, and he only goes for the cables when he wants food or to play, which is to say that he eats well and has lots of playtime…

22 Likes

I just wrap my ends in matching black electrical tape. My little Ripley especially loves any white Apple cable!

10 Likes

This one below was an issue. The one above leaves my stuff alone.

Bangle cats can go nuts if you don’t play with them.

10 Likes

I’ve cat-proofed my main speakers, one reason I’ve failed to pull the trigger on updated ones in the living room.

1 Like

I’ve got a couple of pairs of Quad ESL '57s back in England. They’re real beauties. They sound lovely. They’ve been in my family for decades. I’d bring them over to the US were it not for the risk of them becoming glorified scratching posts.

3 Likes

I think they look good, nice to hear the sound is also good.