What's in the box!

Actually, they did suspect it and long before that. Japan set the model for east Asian rapid industrialization starting with the Meiji Restoration in 1868. Their tech dominance peaked in the 1980s. Other Asian economies proved strong during this era, including Hong Kong and Taiwan – both closely tied to China.

The most stunning shift was the wholesale transformation of South Korea after WW2, as North Korea remained frozen in history. South Korea was previously purely agricultural, but became a tech leader in a couple generations. China had long been more advanced than Korea, and they reportedly analyzed and adopted Korea’s model in shifting toward capitalism with central control.

China’s economy has been on the rise since the Deng Xaioping era of the 1980s, and was reproducing Western technology even then. They are currently in the tech transition phase between “cheap and often very good” to “world leader.” Japan was there in the 1950s as they stamped cheap metal toys. They soon crushed everyone around the world on cameras, cars, TVs, watches, etc.

Indeed!

6 Likes

It’s annoying how people began to shit on them before they even got to hear them in person.

I’m looking forward to your more detailed write-up, of course, if you decide to write one :wink:

1 Like

EML 300B

This gives 3 different pairs of 300B.
Psvane 300b
KR 300B HP
EML 300B

20 Likes

they are wonderful and the ability to listen straight out of chord dave without need for external amp is wonderful…

Oh yeah these arrived today.

40 Likes

Well, this has been on the cards for me since January, so I’m pretty stoked to have gotten it delivered today. Boulder 866 into my AB-1266TC and Susvara. Just about the start listening, so will report back (the topping is acting as a D/D currently into the Boulders DAC.)

24 Likes

Wow now that’s some end game gear. I’d probably keep that topping as far away from your other gear though :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

That is the hotness. Daaaaaaang.

5 Likes

Lol thats understandable. I needed a D/D converter, and it was next day delivery from Amazon, the only one I could find next day. It will be changed at some point, I’m sure. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

2 Likes

Wow, impressive all in one. I know you mention the Topping as a DDC, why not use the USB or network connection on the amp?
It seems quite capable with all the inputs available, unless I am missing something that is completely obvious…

4 Likes

USB is only for USB drives (hence USB A not USB B connectors being used) with songs on them, you can’t use a computer. I also don’t have an ethernet connection where I listen, and I also don’t want to use a tablet to listen. The amp doesn’t have AirPlay available yet, but that should be coming in the next update supposedly. Thus, my options are AES/EBU or Optical, hence the need for the topping.

2 Likes

Thanks for the response, I read the ethernet needs to be connected first before connecting to the WiFi. Hence my bewilderment, enjoy that boulder

4 Likes

No problemo dude, happy to talk about it. I think Boulder prefers AES/EBU over USB and stuff from a computer (probably due to noise…or something?) hence the lack of the commonly used USB-B for the DAC section. I’m actually using the SPDIF output from the topping into the AES/EBU input with an adapter, and it seems to be working well so far. I’ll give the optical a shot later on, see what sort of differences I hear. Not in any rush I suppose, though :slight_smile:

6 Likes

That’s some dedication. Respect.

2 Likes

This looks amazing :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::ok_hand:

3 Likes

Oooo Blue is my favourite colour and this looks amazing to my eye. Lovely setup. Congrats.

2 Likes

Thanks. The colors match up so well; wasn’t expecting it but it is awesome.

2 Likes

They look so good together. Real eye candy.

1 Like

Congratulations on this pairing :bangbang:

How would you rate the wearing comfort, since I have a relatively large skull (hat size XXL), I am still concerned that these headphones are probably uncomfortable for me in the long term.

2 Likes

I wear a size 7 1/4 (L) hat for reference. I don’t have any issues with the RAD-0 other then the weight. I find that the clamp force is a touch much but similar to a new HD600. I wore them for about 8 hours today and had no discomfort, random breaks thrown in here and there.

3 Likes