What's in the box!

Opening that wooden box, revealing a work of art, gorgeous hand-crafted headphones… love them! And proud to support a small, but growing, family business. :grin: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

47 Likes

1221211722 by drjlo2, on Flickr

17 Likes

Great CNC machining. URL?

3 Likes

Just google “Nobsound 4PCS Silver Aluminum Spring”
I got mine from Amazon.

3 Likes

Shipping Box

Outer Packaging

Clamshell Contents

Obligatory Glamour Shot w/ the Cascades

I decided to take a chance on a pair of Focal Elegia headphones in my search for closed-back, office headphones that are glasses-compatible. Some initial observations/opinions:

• Focal does a good job on packing the product, using a tri-wall outer cardboard box, two closed-cell foam blocks, a closed-cell bag around the product box, and desiccant packets in both boxes. The zipper pulls have silicone dampeners and the headphone cable has plastic tape around the metal terminals and splitter.
  • The cable has considerable memory, but the Hart cable for my Hifiman Sundara should work just fine if I remember to bring them in.
  • There is no discernable seal problems with my glasses (ProDesign Denmark 3109). I can’t detect a drop in bass w/ vs w/o glasses and I can’t hear my coworkers unless it’s during the lull between songs.
  • iFi hip-dac v1 pairs nicely with them (Apple Music on iPhone Xs > HipDac > Elegia is my path). I have PowerMatch on, XBass on, and the volume dial at the 9:30 to 10 o’clock position. Currently listening to Till Brönner & Bob James – On Vacation.
  • These will probably be my end-game work headphones.
20 Likes

Something on my doorstep :gift::christmas_tree::laughing:

25 Likes

39 Likes

Oh lordy those are gorgeous! Don’t show @TylersEclectic. He’ll steal them!

8 Likes

Those were my thoughts exactly. How his eye’s must have lit up on seeing those. Lol.

4 Likes

Those are pretty! Do likes lol

3 Likes

Two words…
Holy Schitt!!!
Two more…
Just WOW!!!

19 Likes

I feel like these don’t get nearly enough love. When I listened to them at CanJam NYC in Feb, 2020 (in the before times), they ranked way up on my list; I preferred them to many headphones that cost much, much more. Congrats on a great buy! :beers:

10 Likes

I listen to 3-4 headphones primarily - Clear, Aeolus, HE6seV2, and Stax LS300. I have never heard a sound like these! Granted I’m only about 1.5 hours in; but they are staggeringly good. And, until now, I have never heard soundstage, real soundstage in a headphone until now (I’ve had +40 pairs). This is almost two channel s-stage.

11 Likes

I am sold on the stabilized look and picked up a pair.

My phone is not the greatest at showing the wood grain off so here is a picture straight from Zmf.

These cans are wonderful. Surprising I thought they would be my heaviest can in my collection because of the stabilized process. But startlingly, they are the lightest!! Must be the low Janka hardness of maple burl. The heaviness was my only initial worry but I read that Zach said even the VC stabilized are in the low to mid 500g’s so not that bad. My cocobolo are like 590g which is my heaviest. (Will be selling them after I have fun doing a/b comparisons with pads on both these Aeolus. If interested let me know.)

I just got a 4K camera that I will take shots with but for now here are a few closeups. Trust me these pics don’t come close to showing how wonderful all the small little colors are in the wood grain.

32 Likes

Something showed up on my Porch Cam :thinking:

14 Likes

I’d probably watch such a porch cam live until I got home :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I’m not the dramatic type, but I’ll do my best…

And what’s this? Something blue!

OK, ugh, that was a bit painful. Let’s get to it: DNA Stratus, Serial #5. 11 months since ordering… and 100% worth the wait!

Comparing amps and DACs and headphones was fun, but my journey has ended here. Now I’m ready to settle in and just enjoy the music. Sonic Nirvana has been achieved!

30 Likes

Dude, I’m legit so happy for you. Congrats!!! Enjoy it :slight_smile:

I’m (hopefully) 2 months away from my DNA baby, and I absolutely cannot wait to be done w/ my headphone journey for the foreseeable future.

8 Likes

Audeze LCD-4z.

16 Likes

That cable looks familar