3 Likes

Thanks!

3 Likes

Welcome to this great community @perogie

2 Likes

I like perogie’s, Wecome @perogie

3 Likes

Thanks for the welcome.

Dont know how much I will have to meaningfully contribute to this forum as my equipment list is rather paltry in comparison to some, only really got into higher fidelity audio over the last year or so. Favour headphones over speakers for practical reasons and dont have a dedicated listening space yet, but, I am in the midst of creating one.

Ultimate goal is two to three good headphones (maybe one good IEM) with a good SS amp and a good tube amp. Currently looking for that good tube amp. I have limited time to actually enjoy listening to music (work and family) so those couple of hours I get during the week I want to have a bit of magic.

I look forward to exploring this forum.

12 Likes

Welcome @perogie!

My belief is that anything positive is a meaningful contribution.

In regards to tube amplifiers, there are a few threads you can read through. A few examples are:

From here this should give you a good idea on where to further look.

Good luck, and enjoy the forum!

5 Likes

If you only got into higher fidelity recently, you have an invaluable asset for this forum. Ears that have not yet trained themselves to pick everything apart. When you reply, until you ruin yourself by trying to hear the sound of horsehair on cello strings, or the bunches of metal in brushes scraping against one another as they hit a drumhead or cymbal, you will be telling us about a true initial impression.

When I was testing changes to a software product, I always tried to find people who were not familiar with the category of software. That’s the only way I could judge ease of use for a new user, and didn’t have an overlay of expectation from years of using similar products.

And Welcome!

7 Likes

(Translation: Buy a set of HD-6xx from Drop and a good starter amp)

3 Likes

Thank you for those links. Still exploring this forum so I will most definitely look at those. I like to learn all I can about something when I become interested, both to help myself and to hopefully help others.

3 Likes

You’re welcome. :+1:t4:

1 Like

Hey, Guys, I wanted to welcome one of my oldest friends @ejluera to the forum! Ej is a fantastic DJ, entrepreneur, music lover, and international man of mystery! Welcome, brother!

MR

7 Likes

Welcome @ejluera!

Glad to have you here.

5 Likes

Welcome @perogie!

5 Likes

Welcome @ejluera!

4 Likes

Hello and welcome @perogie. Any gear is relevant gear. There’s a whole spectrum of users who frequent this forum. Heck they even let me in. :joy:

6 Likes

Hello and welcome @ejluera.

5 Likes

welcome @ejluera

6 Likes

Hello and welcome @perogie and @ejluera!

5 Likes