Pictures of your portable rig

My portable gear is a pair of HD6XX, Chord Mojo, and iPhone running Tidal. I just got the Mojo a few days ago so its a little early to give any impressions on sound. It looks super cool – so points just for that. Tthe HD6XX are not super portable, but they work for wearing around the house. I really wanted a setup that would let me sit on the back porch for some early morning listening while I watch the sunrise. Quite an experience! Its the best way to wake up.

12 Likes

That’s a awesome setup. :+1:t4:

Welcome to the forum!

3 Likes

My portable rig: FiiO M11 Pro + FiiO FH7 with a Dunu DUW02 cable

9 Likes

AK JR + Cypher Labs Algorithm Trio Tube Amp+ Nordöst Leaf mini to mini Cable (3.5mm) + Campfire Audio Atlas’s

7 Likes

Koss KSC75 + Porta Pro headband + Yaxi pads
Ifi hip dac
Phone

Xbass engaged! Works really well with the KSC75.

17 Likes

Loving the E02 with my Solaris and Andro.

12 Likes

Have you tried the T01 module?

I was considering this DAP and was favouring the TI chipset but the E02 has received some good reviews - limited by only having the balanced out but that can be worked around.

2 Likes

11 Likes

No that’s the only one I haven’t tried. It came out right after I purchased the n6ii/A01 and I wasn’t ready to drop the $$ on a new board right out of the gate…plus it only has like 2/3 of the 14 hour battery life of the A01 and I didn’t want to give that up at the time. Early reports suggested that it wasn’t all that different from the A01 sound-wise however in the year or so that it has been out there has been a punctuated but steady stream of positive SQ impressions of T01 flowing out from people who have it. I’m curious to hear it but I’m quite happy with the E02 right now…if it ever drops below $100 on the used market I could see myself picking one up just out of curiosity one day.

5 Likes

I had all of them, and now LPGT… The new E02 is better then both A01 and T01…

4 Likes

Going for Gold: SP1000M Gold + OG Solaris

I’ve got a few different DAPs and IEMs, though this remains a favorite combo for portability when I don’t mind drawing attention. I’ve since acquired U12Ts, which probably edge out Solaris as my favorite IEM, though Solaris are a first love and I won’t be giving them up any time soon.

13 Likes

A good DAP really ties the listening experience together…

My experience with high-end portable audio started with an Astell & Kern AK380 that I picked up from Drop at a decent closeout price. I almost didn’t bother because of some nasty exchanges in the discussion; one individual in particular went out of his way to call the drop a terrible deal for the price. In the end I jumped anyway, and have ever since been annoyed at how close I came to missing out on getting acquainted with the Astell & Kern line.

A friend of mine nicknamed my AK380 “Little Magic” for packing an amazing HiFi experience into such a tiny form factor. I’ve paired this DAP with everything from IEMs to Stellias, and it has always been delightful.

Sadly, it doesn’t get much playtime anymore since I’ve moved on to newer, more capable models like the SP1000M above. Nevertheless it started an infatuation with portable HiFi in general and Astell & Kern DAPs in particular.

@TylersEclectic, since you mentioned you like The Dude. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I’m a big Dap fan myself and think that they are terrific. They may not be for everyone. For me personally though, it’s the thing that brings everything together. Get the right synergy going and its a magical thing.

As I say though it won’t be necessary for a large number of folks. Enjoy and you’ve got some great gear.

6 Likes

That freakin rug really ties a dap together. :wink:

9 Likes

Awesome! You have a lot of great gear.

5 Likes

Shanling M8 => Vision Ears Elysium

Elysium delivers detail, texture, timbre, delicacy and realism and the M8 refines it all into a beautiful, rich, seductive and authoritative package.

12 Likes

My thanks to the forum for running the loaner tour: experimenting with sources and the Empire Ears Hero and Odin:

12 Likes

Portable home rig, when doing the dishes and so on.

8 Likes

I decided to have some fun taking pics of the Blessing 2.

8 Likes

Here’s my setup - Fiio M11 Pro purchased earlier this year - been very happy with it so far. I use it with the ZMF’s when stationary and the AKG earbuds (from my Note 9) when i’m on the go. The case is an A6 Easecase from ebay - I was a little hesitant to try one of them, but it is actually quite nice for the price - real leather, good fit, free name stamping on the back - it already saved my player once for sure - was in the backyard with the dog throwing the frisbee, listening to tunes - well his frisbee was getting a little chewed up and it snagged the cable on one of my throws - it send the M11 absolutely flying, landed on dirt, bounced a few times but was kept unharmed by the case!

10 Likes