What's in the box!

I didn’t realise you’d also had the Pro. I guess I’ve been operating on the lazy assumption that Pro = better, even if the frequency response is superficially less aligned with my tastes.

I’m in NZ and have no way of demoing a pair, and the conclusion I’ve come to for the time being is that there’s a bit of a Focal Clear-style elevation in the mids around 1-1.5k (based on Crinacle’s charts) which possibly means the vocal presentation is a bit thin for my tastes. I can - and do - EQ, but the purist in me wants my endgame headphone to be one I can enjoy as the manufacturer intended.

Have you noticed any significant differences in the mids between the Pro and non-Pro? Do the higher relative bass and low-mids on the non-Pro give vocals a bit more richness and weight?

I prefer the vocals on the non-pro stock yes.

On the Pro I ran a fairly involved EQ.

On the non-pro just a 3k bump, and even then it’s a slight preference for some tracks over others.

I got the D8000 at a very fine price. I don’t rate them, or anything else for that matter, at the $5k stock price (AUD).

Edit: More pRoN

3 Likes

Just got my portable in for work and travel, had to give back my ifi nano BL. This should suffice and took a lot of digging to find it new with warranty.

14 Likes

And the winner for “Packaging that most closely resembles a dozen of eggs from the supermarket” goes to…

14 Likes

@Panzer_Applehusky reveals that he eats hummingbird eggs.

9 Likes

sweats profusely, eggs in ears, unable to hear a thing

3 Likes

Man those hummingbirds are crazy. I have a tree right by my front door, and this hummingbird had 3 sets of chicks in that nest a few years back.

Please queue “Also sprach Zarathustra, Op. 30” on your listening device:

It’s MAGNIFICENT!

27 Likes

lol - I actually have it on my evaluation playlist :wink:

3 Likes

Rad.

39 Likes

Awesome @bpcarb!. Congrats!

1 Like

Nice knob! Looks like it’s been nicely polished.

3 Likes

I watched it on tracking, and I can tell you It’s certainly been around the block a time or two.

3 Likes

Hong Kong Post? How long did it take from shipment to delivery. I’m curious. I have a Cool Stand on order.

1 Like

Was sent on the 29th according to my email from Burson.

1 Like

Give or take 10 days then. My Cool Stand should be here around the 17th.

Thanks for the info on that.

1 Like

Mine also enjoyed the scenic route courtesy the USPS. Yours may well be here sooner.

(China-> Chicago for 5 days → Connecticut-> Seattle)

4 Likes

Stunning ones! Congrats!

1 Like

Congrats, man! Can’t wait to hear your impressions!

1 Like